Name:
Location: Oxford, Mississippi, United States

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly!"

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Snow in the sun.

So, for the first time in my life, I was actually in a town where it snowed and I could actually see the snow on the ground. Yes, for some people this fact is shocking, but remember that Mossel Bay is the place in the world with the second most average climate. Not much snow there.

Life in Oxford at the moment is funny. So much stuff is happening and I am just taking ground. I think that it is time to just be again. When life keeps you this busy (and I bought a notebook yesturday just to jot down everything I need to do), life goes by, and you dont even stop and realize that life is giving you so much and you just ignoring it by not taking time to stop, be and appreciate. This week is too busy...too much stuff to do, but I promise that next week I will just be.

My parents is coming in exactly a month from today! I am as excited as a 5 year old with a new million piece lego set! I am building in my head everyday what we need to do while they are here. They will stay for a month.

To end off....please take some time today, or sometime this week, if you want to do it for a half an hour, a day, or for the rest of the week, just be for a while. Think of life, think what it is what you want to accomplish in the next couple of years and be. Dont let worries about money, assignments, your job, or even your children or family worry you. Just be. Its time to take time for yourself. And in the first 5 minutes of doing this, just think of me and keep your fingers cross that next week will bring a more relaxed week and that I would be able to take a day and just be.

It might sound a bit too hippie, but I guess that its just the way I think.....maybe in a previous life I was one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home